1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: PayPal Singles' Day Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of PayPal Inc. ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Sweepstakes or are connected to this Sweepstakes in any way are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on November 2, 2016 and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on November 11, 2016 (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) Grand Prize and five (5) Second Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: Automatic & Mail-in Entry.
Automatic: In order to receive automatic entries in the Sweepstakes, you must be a PayPal account holder and each time you complete a shopping transaction on a participating PayPal merchant' U.S. website on a qualified purchase using PayPal as a payment option during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. A qualifying purchase includes any transaction made using PayPal as the method of payment, excluding P-2-P transactions. If your purchase is returned, refunded, or cancelled at any time, the purchase will not qualify for an entry. The maximum number of automatic entries that a person may receive is unlimited. Automatic entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on November 11, 2016 in order to be eligible. Purchases are subject to the exclusions and limitations listed below.
EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS: Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, PayPal Debit card payments, all send money transactions, PayPal Credit transactions not completed within the PayPal wallet, automatic and/or recurring payments that you have scheduled, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account and PayPal Plus Credit Card/MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account.
By Mail: You do not need to be a PayPal Account Holder in order to enter via U.S. Mail. To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address (optional) and daytime telephone number on a 3" X 5" card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: PayPal Singles' Day Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 826, Plainview, NY 11803-0826. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 11, 2016 and received by November 18, 2016 in order to be eligible. You may enter by mail as often as you wish, but limit one (1) entry per outer envelope.
Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete illegible, damaged, postage due or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor' sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor' decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an automatic entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the PayPal account from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to the PayPal account by PayPal Inc. The promotional Website' database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. If an Eligible Participant changes his/her telephone number, email address and/or street address after he/she participates in the Promotion, it is his/her sole responsibility to send this change of address by (postal) mailing notice to be received by the end of the Promotion Period to the Sponsor' address listed below.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) Grand Prize winner and five (5) Second Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about November 22, 2016 from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization. Judges'Sponsor' decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail on or about November 23, 2016. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and Federal and State tax release, and Second Prize winners will be required to verify their mailing addresses, and return all documents, properly executed, within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of a prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received. Limit one prize per person/email address. All claimed prizes will be awarded.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $1,111. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $1,111. Five (5) Second Prizes: $111. ARV: $111/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,666.
Prize funds to be awarded as a transfer into a winner' PayPal account. Winners must create or have a United States PayPal Account in good standing (the "PayPal account") in order to receive, access, and use the prize. If you are an existing PayPal customer, your prize will be transferred into the PayPal account associated with the email address you provided. If the email address you provided is not associated with your PayPal account, you must associate it with your PayPal account within 7 days from time of prize notification. If you do not currently have a PayPal.com account, you must create a PayPal account within 7 days from the time of prize notification to qualify. Follow directions at www.PayPal.com to sign up for an account. Prize will be transferred into a winner' PayPal account within 6-8 weeks of prize notification. Winner must have a U.S. PayPal account in good standing at time of prize award. A prize will not be awarded to a winner with a locked, closed or restricted account.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of the prizes are in Sponsor' sole discretion. If winner is 18 years of age or older but is deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES") FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS' FEES) INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND(COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS"), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO.
Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, complete a PayPal transaction, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user' system or limit an Eligible Participant' ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the judges' opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant' eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual' IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10. WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the winners, available after December 15, 2016, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 30, 2016 to: PayPal Singles' Day Sweepstakes Winners, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is PayPal Inc., 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131.
Copyright © 2012-2016 GeekBuying.com. All rights reserved.